Well, what you want to know about the angel investor are the following:
- Are you as excited about this as we are – what is your view of the opportunity?
- What do you think will be the challenges in the journey in achieving the potential?
- What is your expectation on return on your investment… and in what time period? What kind of an exit are you hoping for?
- What can you help us with, apart from the money?
- Why did you decide to invest in us?
In a lot of cases, because they typically invest in several startups, angel investors may have a causal interest in your venture. (Some call it the ‘spray & pray’ model where they invest small amounts in a number of companies that ‘seem’ nice and hope that some of them deliver on the potential promised). Your goal should be to get the angel investor super excited about the opportunity and the potential, and engage him/her as much as you can in helping you in the venture. Often warm introductions and perspectives from past experiences are priceless.